Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Gaga to guest star on The Simpsons


LADY Gaga will guest star as herself on an upcoming episode of The Simpsons.

In the episode, titled Lisa Goes Gaga, Lady Gaga stops in the Simpsons' hometown of Springfield after learning that the town suffers from an epidemic of low self-esteem and attempts to cheer up Lisa Simpson with pep-talks and music, Entertainment Weekly reported today.

The singer also shares a kiss with Marge Simpson in the episode.
"I play a little bit of a slut," she joked. "The apple doesn't fall far from my artistic tree."
Lady Gaga said recording her lines was "a little nerve-wracking".

"I make music, but I don't do voiceovers every day of the week, and their characters are so awesomely convincing and sincere and wild and funny, I had to remind myself constantly of the sincerity of the humour," she said. "That's what I was trying to focus on, not putting on a character too much."

Simpsons creator Matt Groening said the show's animators would "come up with something that is going to be as improbable as her usual wardrobe" for Lady Gaga's animated likeness.
Lisa Goes Gaga will air during the show's 23rd season

No comments:

Post a Comment